From:
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2012 17:32:31 -0400
From: "Dollar, Daniel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 11:10:15 +0000

I interpret the Harvard press release's reference to "large journal
publishers" to mean the three largest STM publishers. It would not
surprise me if Harvard paid 3.75 million for journals from just those
three publishers.

I am not writing this to open yet another round of publisher bashing.
Rick Anderson's Scholarly Kitchen post from May on the challenges
surrounding how library's pay for journal content is spot on,
http://scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org/2012/05/30/the-big-deal-the-medium-deal-and-the-tiny-deal/

--Daniel

Daniel M. Dollar, MLS
Director of Collection Development