From:
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2014 19:10:01 -0400
From: Linda Wobbe <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 19:59:32 -0700

Hi Serin,

We have the product, and we signed an agreement. I don't usually share
the exact terms of any license, but I can talk in general about what
we do.

Usually, when confronted with a clause like that, we x out the clause,
and say something like, all changes must be communicated in writing,
and if found unacceptable to the licensing institution, a pro-rata
refund will be paid by the publisher to the licensing institution.

Or, we say something like -  terms and conditions in the signed
license take precedence over terms and conditions found on the
website.

You shouldn't feel obligated to accept unacceptable terms.

...Linda

Linda Wobbe
Head, Collection Management
Sciences Subject Selector