From:
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2013 19:46:25 -0500
From: "Johannsen, Dr. Jochen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 15:03:15 +0100

Dear List,

I’ve been in contact recently with colleagues from German libraries
and with publishers as well, regarding the use of the NISO Shared
Electronic Resource Understanding SERU instead of license
(http://www.niso.org/workrooms/seru). SERU seems not to be used in
Germany and is only known to a  few. Even representatives of companies
listed at the SERU registry had to ask what SERU is. I’ve learned that
SERU is being translated into Danish an Dutch, so SERU seems to be
more on the agenda elsewhere.

Planning to give a talk on SERU on the German Library Congress in
march it would be interesting for me to hear from librarians around
the world about their practical experiences with SERU. Please don’t
hesitate to contact me directly if you domn’t want to answer on the
list.

Best regards

Jochen

Dr. Jochen Johannsen