From:
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2013 18:32:39 -0400
From: Laura Quilter <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 21:50:16 -0400

Well, these:

* Cambridge Univ Pr v. Becker (ongoing)
* Ambrose Vide Publishing & AIME v. UCLA (recently settled)
* Oxford University Press et al v. Delhi University (ongoing)
* Access Copyright v. York Univ (Canada) (ongoing)

I sort of recall some other litigation outside the US/Canada but it's
not coming to mind just yet.  That's just the recent/current cases.

Of course Addison-Wesley v. NYU (SDNY 1983) also springs to mind, plus
various threats to various institutions over the years.

(And please note that in the Georgia State University case, the fact
that the publishers "did not seek damages" is not exactly a
demonstration of their good will so much as a demonstration of their
understanding of Constitutional law.)

Laura Markstein Quilter / [log in to unmask]
Librarian, Geek, Attorney, Teacher

Copyright and Information Policy Librarian
University of Massachusetts, Amherst

Lecturer, Simmons College, GSLIS