From:
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2013 16:36:21 -0400
From: Owen Stephens <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 00:03:53 +0100

On 17 Sep 2013, at 01:26, LIBLICENSE <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> From: Rick Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 15:18:53 +0000
>
> Rick Anderson asked:
>
>>> Is there an easy way (easier than searching title-by-title through SHERPA/RoMEO) to get a complete list of journals offering Green access with no embargo? I can't speak for the marketplace as a whole, but my library will cancel most if not all of our subscriptions to any such journals — my institution is not giving us money so that we can spend it on content that's available for free.

Putting aside the interesting debate about the cancellation of the
titles, Sherpa/Romeo supports an API which might be of interest. While
I don't think this will support getting exactly what you state here
(i.e. I can't see a way of using the API to easily create "a complete
list of journals offering Green access with no embargo"), given a list
of ISSNs it would be easy to write a script that looked them up one by
one and returned the relevant data from Sherpa/Romeo - this sounds
like it might support the use-case you describe where the library
would have the list of journals it wanted to consider for
cancellation, and could run an automated job to retrieve data from
Sherpa/Romeo to support that decision.

Owen

Owen Stephens
Owen Stephens Consulting