From:
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2012 19:10:45 -0400
From: Andrea Higginbotham <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 11:54:18 -0400

Not all Open Access is created equal. To move beyond the seemingly
simple question of “Is it Open Access?” PLoS, SPARC and OASPA have
collaborated to develop a resource called “HowOpenIsIt?” This resource
identifies the core components of open access (OA) and how they are
implemented across the spectrum between "Open Access" and "Closed
Access". We recognize there are philosophical disagreements regarding
OA and this resource will not resolve those differences.

We are seeking input on the accuracy and completeness of how OA is
defined in this guide. Download the open review draft and provide
feedback below in the comment form on SPARC's website:
http://bit.ly/Qi3NVP. In its final form, this guide will provide an
easily understandable, comprehensive, and quantifiable resource to
help authors make informed decisions on where to publish based on
publisher policies.

With this guide we aim to provide greater clarity regarding its
definition and components. All suggestions will be considered and a
final version will be released during Open Access Week (October 22
-28, 2012). The comment period will close on Monday, October 8, at
5:00pm (EST).

All best,

Andrea

Andrea Brusca Higginbotham