From:
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2019 18:44:22 -0400
From: Anthony Watkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 11:57:11 +0100

I wrote to Danny directly when she posted on another list. I agree
with her. I am not aware of any research on library decision making
processes. We (CIBER) did some work some years ago with the Charleston
Conference but not on this topic as  recall. I can understand Danny
being cross but just imagine how annoyed publishers are (I mean the
people actually responsible for publications) when many librarians
automatically assume that decisions made are “commercial” in the
narrow sense – to make more money out of the journal. There is an
amazing lack of knowledge about how decisions are made and how
important editorial boards and particularly editors are never mind
partnering learned societies.

Anthony