From:
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2013 18:15:11 -0400
From: "Oosman, Aalia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 14:21:26 +0100

Taylor & Francis launch findings of White Paper on facilitating
discovery of free online resources at NASIG, 7 June.

The exponential growth of free online content poses a significant
challenge for today’s librarian in facilitating discovery.

Taylor & Francis recently conducted research to explore librarians’
opinions on the availability and usefulness of free online resources –
the results of which are now being released in the form of a White
Paper. Taylor & Francis would like to thank everyone who participated
in our research focus groups, telephone interviews and survey.   With
over 500 librarians contributing responses, we believe this paper will
gives a valuable overview of the current situation, and much valuable
food for thought and discussion.

As a publisher, we want to provide help and support for librarians in
the challenges that they face navigating non-purchased content.  The
White Paper has certainly given us a useful indication of ways we can
continue to do this, both for the paid and free materials that we
publish.

Full details of this research will be presented at NASIG on June 7,
2013 at 1040- 1140 am, Niagara, Hyatt Regency Buffalo (2 Fountain
Plaza, Buffalo, NY 14202)

Find out what librarians think about the following issues in relation
to facilitating discovery:

Ø  The growth and value of free content

Ø  Resource challenges for librarians

Ø  Identification and selection of content

Ø  The role of the library

Ø  Information literacy

Ø  User needs and expectations

Ø  The role of publishers

Not going to NASIG? Watch out for further announcements about the
general release of the White Paper and results. Follow us on Twitter
@LibraryLantern for regular updates on the White Paper.

For more information, please contact:

Aalia Oosman, Library & Communications Manager, Taylor & Francis Group Journals

email: [log in to unmask]

********************************

About Taylor & Francis Group

Taylor & Francis Group partners with researchers, scholarly societies,
universities and libraries worldwide to bring knowledge to life. As
one of the world’s leading publishers of scholarly journals, books,
ebooks and reference works our content spans all areas of Humanities,
Social Sciences, Behavioural Sciences, Science, and Technology and
Medicine.

From our network of offices in Oxford, New York, Philadelphia, Boca
Raton, Boston, Melbourne, Singapore, Beijing, Tokyo, Stockholm, New
Delhi and Johannesburg, Taylor & Francis staff provide local expertise
and support to our editors, societies and authors and tailored,
efficient customer service to our library colleagues.