From:
Date:
Tue, 26 May 2015 22:20:58 -0400
From: Rick Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 02:12:03 +0000

Thanks very much for this useful response, Christina. One clarification:

>Physics has the highest levels and longest history of green OA. The
>evidence from physics to date is that high levels of green OA don¹t
>cause journal cancellations.

I agree that this is true at the discipline level, but what I¹m
particularly interested in is evidence at the journal level, since that¹s
where subscription and cancellation decisions are made. (You can¹t cut
"physics journals," you can only cut particular physics journals.)

So what I¹m still interested in knowing is whether anyone is aware of
examples of particular subscription journals most or all of whose content
is available for free in Green OA versions. (Of course, as Anthony points
out, the concept of "available" is kind of squishy; if the content is
technically available but hard to find, that will obviously make it less
likely that its availability would result in subscription cancellations.)

---
Rick Anderson
Assoc. Dean for Scholarly Resources & Collections
Marriott Library, University of Utah