From:
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 2015 22:51:21 -0500
From: Eric Hellman <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 10:42:25 -0500

Help us make 2016 the year that the library world switches to using
HTTPS to make all our digital library services secure and private.

The Library Freedom Project will be publishing the initial list of
pledges next week to encourage everyone to include reader privacy and
digital security in their New Year's resolutions. The "Library Digital
Privacy Pledge" is at:
https://libraryfreedomproject.org/ourwork/digitalprivacypledge/

Over the past few months, I've talked to all sorts of people about
switching to HTTPS. Librarians, publishers, technologists. Library
directors, CEOs, executive editors, engineering managers. Everyone
wants to do it, but there are difficulties and complications, many of
them small and some of them sticky. It's clear that we all have to
work together to make this transition happen.

In addition to our list of pledges, we want to help publicise what
you've done and what you're doing to make the switch. If you have a
web page or blog post describing your use of HTTPS or your
implementation plans, let us know and we'll add it to our list.

Email us at:  [log in to unmask]

Eric Hellman
President, Free Ebook Foundation (and volunteer for the Library Freedom Project)
Founder, Unglue.it https://unglue.it/
https://go-to-hellman.blogspot.com/
twitter: @gluejar