From:
Date:
Mon, 28 Sep 2015 22:06:41 -0400
From: Kim Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 21:40:29 +0000

{Please excuse cross-postings}

*** REGISTER NOW ***

WHAT IS IT?

* A free, one-day program: TERMS of Engagement: Managing Collections
and Electronic Resources Lifecycles

*  November 18, 2015 from 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM at the Sherrill Library at
Lesley University, 89 Brattle Street, Cambridge, MA 02138

* A thought-provoking program with opportunities to network and share
with colleagues.

* For additional program information visit:
http://serig.acrlnec.org/content/programs.

REGISTER

Register for this free event here: http://nov2015ermig-cdig.eventbrite.com

Attendance is limited to 120 people. Past programs have filled very
quickly, so be sure to register early to ensure a seat!

PROGRAM

9:30 - 10:00 -- Check-in and Continental Breakfast

10:00 - 10:10 -- Welcome and Opening Remarks

10:10-10:55 -- Text Mining Support: Are We There Yet?

Jen Ferguson, Northeastern University
Janet Morrow, Northeastern University
Amanda Rust, Northeastern University
Bob Boissy, Springer

Library support of text mining presents a range of logistical
challenges from licensing to data management.  The panel will share
recent text mining activities and invite attendees to contribute their
own perspectives to arrive at common solutions to the emerging role of
text mining support.

10:55 - 11:20 -- Using TERMS to Convert Print Standing Orders to
Electronic Format

Amy Dittmann, Boston College
Terra Kallemeyn, Boston College

O’Neill Library has had a long history of converting print
subscription content to electronic format.  Standing orders, however,
had been left out of this process until we undertook a project for
their conversion this year. We will discuss our motivations, working
with our vendors, and our decision processes, as well reception and
results of the project.

11:20 - 11:40 -- Break

11:40 - 12:15 -- Access Denied!

Julie Linden, Yale University
Sarah Tudesco, Yale University

Turnaway data – such as COUNTER reports of "access denied" – can
inform collection development decisions, but are they always a true
indication of your patrons' interests? We'll look at a variety of
activities and situations that can result in "access denied" reports.
We will dig into examples of turnaway data and provide the audience
with a "turnaway data analysis checklist – what to ask before you
buy." Finally, we will look at patrons' "access denied" encounters and
document delivery requests to explore the role of other content
fulfillment channels. We encourage audience members to come prepared
to share their own turnaway experiences – both data and anecdotes.

12:15 - 12:55 -- Lightning Talks

Electronic Resources in Times of Fiscal Constraint: Investigations,
Acquisitions and Renewals (Joseph Harzbecker, Boston University
Medical Center)

Are Next-Gen Library Systems TERMS-compliant? Preliminary Thoughts for
a Research Project (Emily Singley, Boston College)

Content Decision-Making: Flexibility Required (Patricia Berens, Babson College)

Moving Away From the Status Quo: Changing Database A-Z List Platforms
(Anna Seiffert, Purdue University)

12:55 - 1:00 -- Closing Remarks

1:00 - 3:00 -- Optional dine-arounds for lunch (aka informal
networking opportunities) in Harvard Square; sign-up sheets will be at
the registration table.

 This program is co-sponsored by ACRL New England's Collection
Development and Electronic Resources Management Interest Groups. CDIG
and ERMIG co-chairs coordinating this event are:

Martha Kelehan, Tufts University (CDIG), [log in to unmask]

Susan Raidy-Klein, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth (CDIG),

Galadriel Chilton, University of Connecticut (ERMIG),

Kim Maxwell, MIT (ERMIG), [log in to unmask]