From:
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2013 17:58:11 -0500
From: Sandy Thatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 23:45:38 -0600

And need we remind everyone that publishers have never opposed "the
proposition that citizens deserve easy access to the results of
scientific research their tax dollars have paid for"?  Every federal
agency should mandate the submission of final reports on research it
funds and post those reports via open access so that everyone can
benefit--and not waiting for a year but right away after submission.
The publishing community has championed this approach from the very
beginning of the debate over open access.

Sandy Thatcher