From:
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 2016 20:23:50 -0500
From: Velterop <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 23:10:15 +0100

Dear Liblicense list members,

This message should be of interest to many of you, I presume.

Kind regards,

Jan Vehterop

***********

On February 14th 2002, a group of diverse stakeholders came together
to accelerate progress in the international effort to make research
articles in all academic fields freely available on the internet. The
participants represented many points of view, academic disciplines,
initiatives and nations, and together they examined effective and
affordable strategies for serving the interests of research,
researchers, and the institutions and societies that support research.
They committed to working together to achieve broader, deeper, and
faster success and launched an effort worldwide campaign for providing
“Open Access” to all peer-reviewed research - an effort that has
become known as known as the Budapest Open Access Initiative (BOAI).
The BOAI is at once a statement of principle, a statement of strategy,
and a statement of commitment.

This February we will celebrate the 15th Anniversary of the BOAI,
which has served the standard bearer and source of the widely accepted
definition of Open Access. As we near this milestone, it is important
to take the time to reflect on the values, impact, and continued
relevance of the BOAI. Your contribution will help shape the movement
going forwards. Please take this opportunity to fill in the survey
linked to below. The feedback you provide will be used to create
updated recommendations to the Open Access community to help focus our
collective efforts to sustain momentum towards achieving the goals of
the BOAI.

Please provide your feedback here:
http://budapestopenaccessinitiative.org/boai15-1