From:
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 2013 12:27:02 -0400
From: Richard Poynder <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 07:07:27 +0100

I contacted the owner of the web site mentioned below, who denied
sending the email.

As he put it, "I have no clue about this. This email was not sent by me."

Richard Poynder

From: "Schwartz, Judy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 17:42:12 +0000

If it's the same person, there's a website by that name:
http://www.ashokkhurana.com/.  You could also search the archives of
this list FOR that name and see whether he was involved in the initial
condemnation.

Judy Schwartz
Sr Director of Library Services
Trocaire College

From: Regina Lee Carlyon <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 08:50:58 -0600

Our library's ILL account, received a curious message regarding Mr.
Beall's listing of predatory journals.  It came from a Dr. Ashok
Khuranaa [[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>] and
suggested that the Beall list is motivated by a desire to damage a
large number of journals from developing countries and a desire to
gain visibility.  We were wondering if others have received similar
communications?

Regina

University of Colorado at Boulder
Head of ILL Borrowing