From:
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 18:42:38 -0400
From: Erin Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 15:38:48 +0000

Hello, everyone.

We are considering a subscription to APA’s PsycTHERAPY database.
While most other APA products allow for ILL with the expected
non-commercial usage restrictions, the license for PsycTHERAPY states
the following:

The use of the Licensed Materials for Interlibrary Lending is
prohibited.  The licensee may not remove transcripts, transcript
excerpts, images, or audio from any of the Licensed Materials and
separately distribute them.

Our attempts to negotiate ILL allowances have been stonewalled thus
far by their legal counsel.  Has anyone in this group had experience
with negotiating ILL for PsycTHERAPY?  Does anyone have advice for our
next steps?  If our only option is to not subscribe, we are prepared
to do so, but we would greatly appreciate your collective wisdom.
It’s also important to alert our community to issues like this that
may affect others.

Thank you,

Erin

Erin Gallagher
Electronic Resources & Serials Librarian
Olin Library
Rollins College
Winter Park, FL 32789