From:
Date:
Sun, 10 Jan 2016 19:04:43 -0500
From: "Jim O'Donnell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 14:44:56 -0700

I would look up articles there by Lawrence Stone, Brent Shaw, Chris
Wickham, Jacques LeGoff, Bossy himself, or just Grafton and Jardine's
classic "How Harvey Read His Livy".  The general recognition that it
is a journal to be reckoned with is undoubted, even by those who
remonstrate with its politics.  My point in mentioning it here was
that (a) they just did something interesting and (b) the something
interesting (making the work of deceased worthies permanently
OA-accessible) is replicable wherever one sees merit in scholarly
journals whose product is expected to have a lasting value.  The value
of that idea is independent of individual assessments of the status of
the journal.

Jim O'Donnell
ASU