From:
Date:
Sun, 11 May 2014 09:16:07 -0400
From: Promita Chatterji <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 16:56:48 -0700

Data is a big topic this year at bepress. We recently shared the news that
Digital Commons can now better support data sets by offering expanded file
sizes and ten times more storage. These improvements are just the start! From
expanded storage capacities and clear practices for data publication, to more
resources about getting started with research data in your repository, we’re
committed to helping libraries develop data services for their research
communities.

One of our most exciting new initiatives is the launch of the bepress Digital
Commons Data Pioneers Program. We’re working with a group of fifteen schools
to identify data needs on campus and showcase research data collections in
Digital Commons in an effort to help us understand how to better support data
needs in our community. As organizers of the program, we’re providing
resources, guidance, and facilitation; and in turn, our pioneer schools are
proactively seeking out data sets on their campus and sharing their experiences
and feedback with the community.

We’re excited to announce our fifteen Data Pioneer schools:

Brigham Young University
Clemson University
College of Wooster
Illinois Wesleyan University
Kent State University
Macalester College
Pepperdine University
Rochester Institute of Technology
Southern Illinois University
Thomas Jefferson University
Utah State University
University of South Florida
University of Massachusetts Amherst
University of Richmond

For more information about including data in the repository, check out our data
resources page (digitalcommons.bepress.com/data), which includes a detailed
toolkit and links to a variety of Digital Commons community examples. We’ll
also be rebroadcasting our free webinar, “Getting Started with Research Data
in Your Repository,” this fall, so keep an eye out for that announcement!

Questions? Contact us at [log in to unmask]