From:
Bonnie Zavon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2012 19:06:06 -0800
HighWire Expands European Staff

HighWire Press is pleased to welcome industry insider Kathy Law as the
newest member of their United Kingdom based staff.
[http://highwire.stanford.edu/PR/KathyLawHighWire.pdf]

Kathy comes to HighWire with many connections in the global publishing
marketplace, where she has been networking and selling within the
Academic and STM community for book, journal and electronic product
services for many years. She has a knack at spotting early market
initiatives and trends and applying those observations to opportunities
and identifying new solutions. Kathy is a member of the ALPSP
Professional Development Committee and has also worked with ICEDIS who
work to improve EDI communications throughout the publishing supply chain.

"We are very fortunate to have Kathy join the HighWire team in support
of our UK and European customers," says Mark Johnson, HighWire's
Director of Publisher Relations. "Kathy brings a vast amount of
experience in the scholarly publishing marketplace to our community. Her
publishing acumen will help HighWire's customers thrive. Kathy is a
genuinely delightful colleague, and I'm thrilled that she's joined
Stanford University's HighWire Press."

Kathy comes to HighWire from Macmillan Publishing Solutions, where her
role as Business Development Manager for the UK and EU territories
covered sales, product development and efficiency solutions. Prior to
that, she spent 10 years as Sales Manager with Turpin Distribution
Services, a book and journal fulfillment operation, and was with Little,
Brown as their Sales Manager for the UK Territory.

More news:  http://highwire.stanford.edu/news/

--

Bonnie Zavon
Public Relations