From:
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 2016 02:42:13 -0400
From: "Sweeney, Maurine" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 20:59:27 +0000

I’m curious how other libraries are dealing with ‘authorized sites’ as
different institutions are partnering in new ways.  For example, we
are an academic health sciences library for a university with
educational, research and clinical components, including two hospitals
staffed in part by University faculty.  We have acquired and built new
clinics and in the near future will be partnering with another
hospital system in a joint facility.  All of the new clinics share the
same administrative structure and are part of the University.  All of
the ‘sites’ use the same IP range.  It seems to me as though the
‘authorized sites’ concept is becoming an outmoded way of thinking
about organizations but I am interested to hear what others have to
say and how you handle it with your licenses.

Thank you,

Maurine