From:
Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 2012 17:39:49 -0500
From: "Richardson, Tom" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 10:32:35 -0500

My experience is that the terms "open access", "public access", and
"free access" are commonly used interchangeably, even though I would
argue they have three distinct meanings in the context of scholarly
communication. They are used differently by different people within a
common organization - library or publisher - and are often used
interchangeably by the same person within a single conversation.

So I think we often have to see what people are intending when they
use these phrases.

Tom

Tom Richardson
Director, Institution Sales & Service