From:
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 2012 19:07:15 -0500
From: "Hansen, Dave" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 00:58:20 +0000

I recently saw news that Harper Collins had filed suit against Open
Road Media. This case was filed over the holidays and raises the issue
of whether older author-publisher contracts cover e-books rights. It
seems to revisit the issue that was raised by Random House v. Rossetta
Books back in 2002 (see
http://itlaw.wikia.com/wiki/Random_House_v._Rosetta_Books). This is
the post I saw on the Harper Collins case :
http://mhpbooks.com/46575/pandoras-box-about-to-be-reopened-harpercollins-sues-its-ex-ceo/

Does anyone know anything more about this?

-----

David R. Hansen
Digital Library Fellow
Samuelson Law, Technology & Public Policy Clinic
UC Berkeley School of Law