From:
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2014 23:58:52 -0400
From: "Fowler, George J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 20:21:52 +0000

All,

I am most likely not even looking at things correctly, so I need your
considerable and considered help!

I was just approached by a faculty editor of a journal that is hosted
at our institution, who had a proposal from a major publishing vendor.
It looks like the intent is to include the full-text of the journal in
one or more of the vendors' databases, but I cannot confirm that.

From talking with the faculty member, he indicated that we would
continue to host the journal, but the vendor would be able to use the
content in a manner they deemed appropriate.

The vendor is offering to pay royalties equal to 20% of the net
revenue collected for inclusion of Content from the Publications on
Products sold.

Is that a fair amount?

Also, what should I be looking for that I am not mentioning?

Thank you for your assistance.

George

George J Fowler
Interim University Librarian