From:
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2014 11:44:33 -0400
From: Anthony Watkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 10:35:11 +0100

I was puzzled by this paragraph:

"An ironic hurdle arose last fall when the Chicago-based International
Journal of Spine Surgery, preparing to drop Reed Elsevier, turned to
Scholastica. Because the medical industry's operating systems were so
old, publisher Jonny Dover discovered Scholastica's browser was
incompatible and he says he had to find another publisher".

I have found the answer: see
https://scholasticahq.com/international-journal-of-spine-surgery/for_authors
which I reached via Elsevier.
Scholastica cannot handle submissions using any out of date browsers
such as IE 8.0 or below. I use IE 8.0. I only learnt yesterday that I
should upgrade.

But this also shows that the journal is actually soon to migrate to
Aries...... This is following the lead (some time ago) of PLOS One to
give one well known example. They also gave up a home grown or low
cost solution when the articles started coming in rapidly

Anthony