From:
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2013 16:55:59 -0400
From: ANTHONY WATKINSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 09:41:23 +0100

It is some years since I did some research on monographs and my own
online monograph appears to have been removed from the site it used to
live but it was and is my understanding that the crucial "first book"
in the humanities is almost always based on a prior dissertation. It
is crucial because it leads to tenure decisions. I am puzzled by Joe's
assertion. I thought that publishing the first book was the main role
of university presses!

Anthony