From:
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2012 19:44:49 -0400
From: Joseph Esposito <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 19:50:16 -0700

I think when people think of concentration, they think of much smaller
numbers.  For example, how many movie studios are there?  How many car
manufacturers?  While the industry has unquestionably be on the path
to consolidation over the last two decades, it is still substantially
fragmented.  I would call it "highly concentrated" when, say, 7 or 8
publishers published 80% of all journals, or if those same publishers
brought in a similar proportion of revenue.  We have much
consolidation still ahead of us.

Joe Esposito