From:
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2012 19:34:06 -0400
From: Credo Reference <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 12:26:53 -0400

http://www.credoreference.com/corp

Credo Reference Launches Literati for Public Libraries, Signs the
State of Virginia

Literati Public helps patrons understand, discover and use their
library’s authoritative digital resources

[September 20, 2012] Boston, Oxford – While a growing number of public
libraries are investing in digital resources to meet the non-fiction
needs of patrons, providing the technologies and tools to help patrons
understand, discover and use these authoritative materials can be
challenging:  libraries may not have the budget or bandwidth to
promote their availability and value or provide adequate training on a
variety of different platforms.

Credo Reference (www.credoreference.com/corp) aims to help solve this
problem with Literati Public. The new solution combines core reference
titles, technologies that increase discovery across all digital
content platforms and customized training and marketing services and
tools developed by on-staff librarians.

“We are extremely excited to provide Literati to all public libraries
in the commonwealth, as it solves some very pressing issues,” said
Sandra G. Treadway, Librarian of Virginia. “Not only can we now
affordably offer core reference materials that provide an essential
starting point for learners, we can also integrate resources that we
have acquired from third parties, extending their value and increasing
usage. Perhaps most importantly, we can leverage Credo’s team of
on-staff librarians to develop customized materials and programs that
facilitate information literacy.”

“We believe that communities and the world at large would be better
places if more decisions and ideas were inspired by knowledge,” said
Mike Sweet, Credo Reference CEO. “By helping libraries
cost-effectively acquire and disseminate authoritative materials, and
helping patrons understand the value of library resources in the
Google age and effectively use those resources, we believe we can have
a tremendous impact on digital and information literacy, which will
ultimately improve people’s lives.”

An extension of the award winning Credo Reference platform, Literati
Public delivers on three key components:

Content

Literati Public includes a base subsciption to over 2.6 million
full-text entries in relevant subjects such as health, history,
literature, languages, technology, science and more, from trusted
publishers such as Dorling Kindersley, ME Sharpe, Gray House
Publishing, SAGE Reference, Barron’s, Wiley, Elsevier, Cengage Gale
and many others. The nearly 500 full-text titles have been
thoughtfully selected to best meet the needs of public libraries and
represent nearly $60,000 in print volumes. The collection will
continue to grow as new titles are added and existing titles are
updated to new editions, all added seamlessly for subscribing
libraries.

Libraries can supplement the base collection with Publisher and
Subject Collections, creating the solution best matched to the needs
of their library. On-demand custom and COUNTER-compliant usage
statistics help libraries to make smart decisions around collection
development.

Technology

Literati’s customizable Topic Pages integrate core reference works
with a library’s existing resources on specific subjects, extending
their value and providing a rich research experience for patrons.
Literati is packaged with a growing selection of nearly 10,000 topic
pages – created by on-staff librarians – valued at over $3.5 million.

Literati integrates with many discovery services including Summon,
Primo Central, EDS, Encore and OCLC’s WorldCat.

Services

Literati’s multi-faceted services support libraries in key areas
including user guidance, library promotion and marketing, training and
assessment and student services. Libraries and their patrons will
benefit from homework help, interactive videos and tutorials,
promotional materials, social media assistance and much more.

 Literati Public and Literati by Credo for academic libraries are
available today. More information can be found at
www.credoreference.com/corp.

###

Media Contact:
Mary Kay Jezzini