From:
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2012 17:18:22 -0500
From: Anthony Watkinson <[log in to unmask]>:
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 23:16:26 +0000

Sorry Joe and everyone else. I was not referring to APC costs (which have
gone up and also gone down depending on the publisher) but to costs per
article for libraries under the subscription model over the last few
decades. We know the costs of journals has gone up but we also know that the
number of articles in the journals have increased. The cost per article to
libraries is an indication is a better indication of wickedness among
publishers than the cost per journal unless you believe as some seem to do
that it is in the interest of publishers to fill journals with a lot of
rubbish which will have a very bad effect on impact factors. Someone
somewhere must have done the sums - surely

Anthony