From:
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2013 19:27:14 -0400
From: Peter Goodwin <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 15:56:27 -0700

This spring, bepress offered its first ever IR Manager Certification
Course, and we’re proud to announce our first graduating class.
Hailing from educational organizations from around the world, all
twenty participants rated the course “extremely helpful” and indicated
that they would recommend it to others.

Jean-Gabriel Bankier, CEO of bepress, was delighted with the response
to the company’s first on-site training for repository managers,
noting that enrollment exceeded expectations. “We had to have a
waiting list. It clearly demonstrates the demand for this kind of
training, and no one else is offering anything like it.”

Topics ranged from current trends in scholarly communications to best
practices for digital collection development, copyright compliance,
faculty engagement, and outreach. In addition, the course included
workshops and training sessions where IR administrators worked
directly with their Digital Commons Consulting Services
representatives. Course participants gained hands-on experience with
important tools for managing a repository and implemented immediate
improvements to their individual IRs.

Participants praised both the comprehensive scope and the
individualized attention the course offered. As Kristine Mudrick,
Serials and Electronic Resources Librarian at Saint Joseph’s
University commented, “It was really valuable to have one-on-one,
real-time dialogue with my consultant.” Jeremy Watson, Digital
Services Librarian at Fordham University, remarked, “I am totally
inspired and ready to charge ahead with my repository more efficiently
and dynamically.”

Based on positive feedback from our first graduating class, bepress
will repeat the IR Manager Certification Course in the spring of 2014.
For more information, please contact Ann Taylor ([log in to unmask]),
Director of Outreach and Scholarly Communications, or Eli Windchy
([log in to unmask]), VP, Consulting Services.

About bepress

Founded by professors in 1999, bepress is the provider of Digital
Commons, the leading hosted institutional repository software
platform. Digital Commons offers the features of a traditional IR as
well as professional-grade publishing software, management tools, and
individual faculty and researcher pages to promote and disseminate
scholarship and serve academia.