From:
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2016 19:31:52 -0400
From: Sunshine Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 9:42 AM

The ALCTS CMS Collection Management and Electronic Resources Interest
Group (CMERIG) is seeking lightning talk proposals for our meeting to
be held on Sunday, January 22, 2017 from 3:00-4:00 pm during the ALA
Midwinter 2017 conference in Atlanta, Georgia.

We are looking for presentation that discuss new e-resource workflows
created and/or implemented by libraries. Workflows are an important
part of getting work done in a consistent and timely fashion. There
are a number of unique collection management challenges throughout the
e-resource life cycle which necessitate the development of specialized
workflows. Example workflow topics include:

Trialing & selecting new e-resources
Licensing & negotiation
Proxying
Perpetual access & archiving practices
Title transfer management
Troubleshooting
Discovery
Record loading (EDI, EOD, MARC)
Managing platform changes
Ensuring accessibility of e-resources

The meeting is scheduled to last one hour with time for several short
(5-10 minute) presentations (including Q&A). The remaining time will
be reserved for administrative business. We request that the following
information be included in each proposal:

Name, job title, contact information and affiliation of presenter(s)
Title of presentation
Abstract (50 words)

Please send your proposal to Sunshine Carter at [log in to unmask] by
Monday, November 21, 2016. Presenters will be notified of selected
presentations by November 28, 2016.

Sincerely,
Sunshine Carter (Chair)
Michael Fernandez (Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect)
--
Sunshine J. Carter
Electronic Resources Librarian & ERM Unit Manager