From:
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2012 00:04:16 -0400
From: "Ashley, Sarah" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 09:34:30 +0000

Palgrave Macmillan launch ‘Build Your Own Collections’ and the
‘Connect Acquisitions Portal’ on Palgrave Connect

Palgrave Macmillan is pleased to announce the launch of ‘Build Your
Own Collections’ on Palgrave Connect, a new ebook purchasing model
which will provide librarians with greater flexibility.

Palgrave’s extensive list of 9,500 ebook titles across the Humanities,
Business and Social Sciences will continue to be available as part of
our popular ‘Subject Collections’ organised by year, however this new
purchasing model enables librarians to construct their own bespoke
ebook collections.

‘…Librarians tell us that they value our pre-defined subject
collections but we have listened to their desire to have the option of
more flexible ways to buy ebooks should they require it. Build Your
Own Collections offers them the opportunity to purchase titles
specific to their library and patrons; be that from one discipline,
multiple disciplines or interdisciplinary subject areas.’ – Samantha
Burridge, Executive Director at Palgrave Macmillan

Using our specially designed Connect Acquisition Portal (CAP),
librarians are able to receive real-time quotes for purchasing titles
on the Build Your Own Collections model.  This user-friendly ebooks
acquisition tool offers librarians further benefits including the
ability to run bulk ISBN searches, save searches and save multiple
lists that can be amended, shared with other colleagues or ordered at
a later date*.  MARC21 records are also supplied as soon as orders are
processed in the form of either Nielsen BookData records from CAP or
via WorldCat Cataloging Partners for OCLC members.

Subscribers will benefit from all the features and functionality
available on the Palgrave Connect Platform including;

- Simultaneous print and online program with new frontlist titles
added monthly ensuring access to the most up to date publications

- Unlimited concurrent access both on-site and remotely allowing all
titles to be accessed no matter the number of users

- Permissive DRM with the ability to print, copy and download

- EPUB format available for all ebooks from 2011 and 2012 (in addition
to PDF) for compatibility with e-readers.

For more information, please visit www.palgrave.com/connectbyo

* Minimum order applies.

About Palgrave Macmillan

Palgrave Macmillan is a global publisher, serving learning and
scholarship in higher education and the professional world. We have an
established and distinguished track record in international academic
publishing with considerable strengths in the Humanities, Social
Sciences and Business. Our academic publishing programme includes
textbooks, journals, monographs, professional and reference works in
print and online. Palgrave Macmillan represents an unbroken tradition
of 150 years of independent publishing, continually reinventing itself
for the future.

For more information, please visit www.palgrave.com.

About Palgrave Connect

Palgrave Connect now offers access to over 9,500 scholarly ebooks
across the Humanities, the Social Sciences and Business publishing,
with more than 1,000 titles added each year. Featuring seminal and
award winning titles by many of the world’s foremost academic writers,
Palgrave Connect is also the winner of a CHOICE Outstanding Academic
Resource Award.

For further information please contact:

Sarah Ashley

Marketing Executive

For more information or to be set up with a CAP account please contact:

Customers in the US, Canada and South America
+1 212 451 8715

Customers in Australia and New Zealand:
+ 613 98251151

Customers in the rest of the world: