From:
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2013 17:24:25 -0500
From: Nienke van Schaverbeke <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 15:27:54 +0100

The European Library is pleased to invite research and university
libraries from across Europe to join our community of library
professionals.

We are a not-for-profit organisation managed by the national and
research libraries of Europe, and steered by three influential library
organisations: CENL, CERL, and LIBER.

Joining us is a chance to make your collections more accessible to an
international audience than ever before.

The European Library already makes 200 million records from some 60
national and research library partners available to researchers and
the broader public. Our highly efficient aggregation service ensures
that all material submitted by our network is freely searchable via
our website, cultural heritage portal Europeana and APIs.

We also connect members of our network with their peers across the
digital library sector, via inspiring conferences and enthusiastic
working groups. Through these venues we discuss issues that matter to
our profession. These include library marketing and communications
techniques, and technical subjects such as data enrichment, full-text
indexing and Linked Open Data.

To learn more about participating in The European Library, please
visit our website: www.theeuropeanlibrary.org

Nienke van Schaverbeke
The European Library