From:
Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2012 08:59:25 -0400
From: Kim Beadle <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 13:31:45 +0200

The Laboratoire INIST of the CNRS (http://www.cnrs.fr/) and the
International Association of Scientific, Technical & Medical
Publishers (STM, www.stm-assoc.org) have agreed a framework licence
agreement to be entered into directly between individual publishers
and the CNRS.

It governs the supply of copies of articles from the CNRS' holdings to
non-commercial and commercial organisations, nationally and
internationally, with special conditions for France and
French-speaking territories.

Cyrille Macquart, Directeur INIST-CNRS, said "We are delighted to have
agreed a framework licence with STM. This means we can improve the
speed of service delivery we offer to our users and augment the reach
and depth of our current Document Supply Service."

Any articles to be supplied under this new service are solely for an
end-user's own purposes, or to libraries acting as intermediaries and
as a trusted point of receipt under certain conditions.

The framework licence agreement will start from 1st January 2013.

"We are pleased to have worked so successfully with the CNRS to reach
this agreement," said Michael Mabe, CEO of STM. "The French framework
licence will give publishers, including our members, contractual and
legal certainty, including over the international crossborder delivery
of copies from their material via an established and respected
document supply service. It will also allow the CNRS to improve the
service, and delivery times, available to its authorised users."

- END-

About STM

STM is an international association of over 120 scientific, technical,
medical and scholarly publishers, collectively responsible for more
than 60% of the global annual output of research articles, 55% of the
active research journals and the publication of tens of thousands of
print and electronic books, reference works and databases. We are the
only international trade association equally representing all types of
STM publishers - large and small companies, not for profit
organizations, learned societies, traditional, primary, secondary
publishers and new entrants to global publishing.
http://www.stm-assoc.org

About INIST-CNRS I

NSTITUT DE l'INFORMATION SCIENTIFIQUE ET TECHNIQUE (hereinafter «
INIST-CNRS ») is the Integrated Scientific and Technical Information
Centre of Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (hereinafter «
CNRS »). The mission of INIST-CNRS is to collect and process the
results of scientific and technical research. INIST-CNRS publishes,
markets and distributes Scientific and Technical Information products
and services. INIST-CNRS distributes through its own document delivery
service copies of documents.

For more information:

STM and CNRS request that any questions regarding the new service
should be sent to:

INIST-CNRS
2, allée du parc de Brabois
CS 10310 F-54519 Vandoeuvre-lès-Nancy