From:
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 2015 22:52:41 -0500
From: Joanne Romano <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 08:30:59 -0600

Hi, Maurine,

Overall, I would concur with your frustration here, about libraries
being limited to the space provided on vendor platforms to advertise
that the library's brand.   After all, we've spent budget dollars
providing the content the patrons have become accustomed to accessing,
and we should be able to state that plainly. I don't know how many of
our patrons actually pay attention to our branding, but I certainly
like to see it, and as a paying customer, feel it should be part of
the service provided by the vendor.

This should apply to the smaller independent society publishers as
well;  I don't have statistics to provide on how many of those allow
for branding, but within the 70 or so that I subscribe with, it's
about a dozen or so who allow for branding at all.

Thanks for bringing this topic up to the surface for further discussion.

Joanne

Joanne V. Romano, MLS
Head of Resource Management

Texas Medical Center Library