From:
Date:
Sun, 8 Mar 2015 16:31:20 -0400
From: David Prosser <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 19:56:46 +0000

Rick

The report is rather old and so I wouldn’t want to vouch that the data
reported necessarily represent the current picture, but back in 2004
ALPSP published the results of a survey that looked at the size of
publishing surpluses for society journals.  A third of respondents
subsidised their publishing operations, while for those that did make
money publishing represented 20-30% on total society income.

The report is available at:

http://www.alpsp.org/Ebusiness/ProductCatalog/nfpSurpluses.aspx?ID=48

David

David C Prosser