From:
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2014 17:57:49 -0500
From: Kim Smilay <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 10:44:08 -0500

The CLOCKSS Archive is pleased to announce the participation of the
American Entomological Society, Athabasca University Press, eLife,
General Healthcare Inc., and Micronesica.

Full announcements can be found at http://www.clockss.org/clockss/News

----

American Entomological Society

AES President Jamie Cromartie said "The American Entomological Society
is proud of its long record of significant publications in the field,
dating back to the mid-eighteen hundreds. We are happy to become a
part of a digital archive that will insure that our society's century
and a half of work will be securely preserved and available to future
students of the most diverse group of animals on Earth."

About:   The American Entomological Society is the oldest continuously
operating entomological society in the Western Hemisphere, founded on
March 1, 1859. The American Entomological Society (AES) supports
entomological research, education and outreach.
http://darwin.ansp.org/hosted/aes/index.html

---

Athabasca University Press

"AU Press welcomes this partnership with CLOCKSS, as we can now ensure
the long term preservation of our scholarly content for our authors,
as well as our current and future readers," said Kathy Killoh, Acting
Director for Athabasca University Press. "CLOCKSS will allow us to
provide accessibility in perpetuity, an important service for the fast
changing digital world."

About:   Athabasca University Press is the centre of scholarly
publishing expertise for Athabasca University, Canada's Open
University. It is the first scholarly press to be established by a
Canadian university in the twenty-first century. We are dedicated to
the dissemination of knowledge and research through open access
digital journals and monographs, as well as through new electronic
media.  http://www.aupress.ca

---

eLife

"This arrangement will ensure that eLife content is fully archived and
permanently accessible," said Mark Patterson, eLife Executive
Director. "CLOCKSS is a valuable initiative. We are pleased to work
with CLOCKSS to guarantee the permanent availability of the important
research published in eLife."

About: eLife is an open-access journal formed via collaboration
between three of the world's largest funders of scientific research;
the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, the Max Planck Society, and the
Wellcome Trust. The journal aims to communicate the most important
advances in the life and biomedical sciences in the most effective
way. http://www.elifesciences.org

---

General Healthcare Inc.

"To prepare for the publication of SPP, General Healthcare Inc. has
decided to partner with CLOCKSS in order to contribute to the
development of science and medicine in Asia," said Shinichiro
Takezawa, CEO. "SPP is a comprehensive academic journal based on the
concept that to promote Open-Science and industry-university
cooperation. There are already more than 400 researchers to cooperate
with peer review editing in the world."

About:  Science Postprint (SPP) was launched in Tokyo, Japan to
promote medical and scientific information communication, and to
contribute to the development of medicine and science.

---

Micronesica

"The most important reason for us to have CLOCKSS is because we
publish new species descriptions and authors need to know that these
will be permanently accessible" said Dr. Chris Lobban and Curt
Fiedler, Editor.

About:  Micronesica is a regional journal, geographically focused, and
categorically limited to the sciences of anthropology, botany, and
zoology. It has established a reputation as a vital venue and
repository for information on the natural sciences in Micronesia. The
peer-reviewed articles are of lasting value, documenting flora, fauna,
and the natural history of the human populations on islands undergoing
rapid changes.  Micronesica also provides a vehicle for authors from
outside the region to bring their results back to the region while
having them available worldwide.
http://www.uog.edu/up/micronesica/home.asp

*******