From:
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2012 15:23:18 -0400
From: David Prosser <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 21:51:43 +0100

I was once invited to dinner with a dozen or so corporate investors
from the City of London.  They were interested in hearing the library
view of how the journal publishing system worked and what the customer
thought of some of the large players in the field (they almost never
hear from customers, only the companies).

I explained that a number of NDA were in place and that they were
justified by the suppliers as a way of ensuring lower prices for
customers.  The corporate investors all laughed at me.  I'm not sure
they were convinced.

David Prosser