From:
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2013 19:04:39 -0400
From: <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 01:15:48 -0700

Hello

We are finalising the KBART Phase 2 Report and Recommendations Draft
that will cover e-books, conference proceedings, open access and title
changes. We will let you know when it is published for consultation.

Kind regards
Magaly Bascones
Co-Chair
KBART working group

*******

From: "Hamaker, Charles" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 15:50:21 +0000

The main issue I've seen with KBART files I"m aware of , and perhaps
this is ok under the standard definitions, but a difficulty for
libraries trying to serve edn users who have earlier citations to
forms no longer used,, is that they tend to only list the current
title, without the history of title changes .  MARC records  note, I
believe, only the most recent version (badckwards and forwards). If
KBART files included title changes, it would make a great deal of
difference in the utility for end users. The other issue I've seen is
files that aren't updated when the publisher moves to a new provider.

Thanks for every one who responded, off list and on.

Chuck Hamaker
From: Mark Doyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 12:24:30 -0400

Hi,

American Physical Society journal holdings are available in KBART
format from http://harvest.aps.org/holdings/kbart.tsv- let us know if
there is something that can be improved here. We don't get very many
requests for this (only one previously).

Best regards,
Mark

Mark Doyle
Director, Journal Information Systems