From:
Date:
Mon, 28 Sep 2015 21:54:01 -0400
From: "Prudence Y. Morris" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 09:22:31 -0500

Hi Galadriel,

We have used hosted EZproxy for a few years now. We have not hosted a
proxy server locally, so I don’t have a comparison, but I can say that
I think the hosted version it is great. OCLC staff are very responsive
to requests. They typically complete my resource additions and
deletions within 24 hours.

Thanks,

Pru Morris
Digital Resources Manager
Texas A&M University-San Antonio
San Antonio, TX 78224
Email: [log in to unmask]
Website: www.tamusa.edu/library

From: "Chilton, Galadriel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 15:51:22 +0000

{Please excuse cross postings.}

Dear Colleagues,

We are exploring the differences between locally-hosted and
OCLC-hosted EZ Proxy.

If your institution uses OCLC-hosted EZ Proxy, what are your
perceptions of the pros and cons?

We're particularly interested in others' experiences with how OCLC
supports institutions when it comes to security (e.g., a need to block
a user id, response time when there's been a report from a publisher
of excessive downloading via the proxy IP address, etc.).

Additionally, what has the turnaround time been for adding or updating
resource access via EZ Proxy?

Please feel free to reply off list if preferred.

Best wishes,
Galadriel

Galadriel Chilton
Head of Electronic Resource Services and
Electronic Resources Management Librarian
Homer Babbidge Library | University of Connecticut
369 Fairfield Way | Storrs, CT 06269