From:
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2014 20:14:58 -0400
From: Anthony Watkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 11:20:57 +0100

In the UK the ownership of the CLA is jointly between the Authors' Licensing
and Collecting Society and the Publishers Licensing Society. ALCS represents
two author groups and the PLS three publisher representative organisations.
I belong to the ALCS and in spite of the fact that I am hardly a major
academic I get enough each year to have at least 90 prints of beer a year (a
British measure). Maybe when you are a rightsholder you have to join up to
the CCC?

Anthony