From:
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2017 00:16:54 -0400
From: Annette Keogh <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 21:15:14 +0000

Hello,

We had a trial of MGG, but usage was so poor that we didn't pursue a
subscription, and consequently I hadn't seen this license.

I would be very reluctant to sign an agreement that allows the vendor
to change terms, puts the onus on you to monitor, and doesn't
guarantee a refund of fees paid if terms are unacceptable.

As you suggest, RILM "will probably not change terms in an onerous
manner without notice."  While I agree the likelihood of them doing so
is slight, it makes it more unusual that they would have such a
clause.    Have you attempted to get it removed or modified?

Has anyone on this list signed this license agreement?

Best,
Annette

Annette Keogh | Electronic Resources Librarian
Libraries and Learning Services | The University of Auckland
Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz/
E [log in to unmask]