From:
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2012 20:29:47 -0500
From: "Schwartz, Judy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 13:58:29 +0000

David - I've opened and read the agreement; we are small enough
potatoes to not need this product, but from the wording in the
agreement - yes, they are 'selling' or leasing their product to one
person only.  My sense is they are used to dealing with contractors
who have a principal user, and they are NOT used to dealing with large
institutions such as yours. If the rep insists on maintaining that
other institutions accept their online agreement, ask the rep who
these institutions are. If everything is on the 'up and up', surely
they would give you a list (said rather with tongue firmly planted in
cheek). Doesn't your province have an Engineering department that
could give you a better reference?

Judy Schwartz
Director of Library Services
Trocaire College