From:
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2013 17:02:31 -0400
From: Eric Hellman <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 15:39:11 -0400

I am curious what experience list members have with commitments by a
book publisher to license a book or other type of content with
Creative Commons at some time in the future.

MIT Press did this last year with Peter Suber's "Open Access", but I
wonder if we could create some sort of standard "Deed" that would make
it easier for this model to spread. Or perhaps this sort of thing
already exists. I've written about this on my blog, which has dredged
up some older discussions:
http://go-to-hellman.blogspot.com/2013/07/proposal-dated-creative-commons-license.html
What I'd really like to see is some boilerplate that people could
easily make use of.

Eric

Eric Hellman
President, Gluejar.Inc.