From:
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2014 18:20:31 -0500
From: George Porter <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 02:39:56 +0000

Primary problem, to my mind, is the combination of high initial capital
cost with a very limited selection of content.  The first factor scares
off potential printing sites while the latter severely limits the market
for purchasing products from the device.  When I saw one locally, the
content was primarily self-published ebooks at Amazon and out-of-copyright
material.  In other words, if one was interested in a hard copy of
anything written by a recognizable author in the last almost 80 years, the
Espresso Machine was not a viable option.

George S. Porter
Interim Head, Research and Information Services
Sherman Fairchild Library
Caltech, 1-43
Pasadena, CA 91125-4300