From:
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2012 17:01:49 -0400
From: Mark Doyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Dear all,

[Please excuse any cross-posting.]

The American Physical Society congratulates Serge Haroche and David
Wineland, both Fellows of the APS, for their 2012 Nobel Prize in
Physics. They and their collaborators have made significant advances
in the realization of quantum phenomena with many beautiful
experiments. Their abilitiy to manipulate atoms and photons to
demonstrate fundamental aspects of quantum physics has been documented
in many journal articles. We are very pleased that much of this
seminal work has been published in the APS journals: Physical Review
Letters, Physical Review A, and Reviews of Modern Physics. To honor
these laureates and their collaborators, we have made freely available
five of their many APS publications that demonstrate some of the key
insights of their pioneering work. Please see our full announcement
(http://publish.aps.org/edannounce/2012-nobel-physics) and press
release (http://www.aps.org/about/pressreleases/nobel12.cfm) for
further information, including the five papers that have been made
Free to Read.

Best regards,
Mark

Mark Doyle