From:
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2012 19:20:08 -0500
From: Sara Zimmerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 18:11:18 -0600

Apologies for cross-posting.

Atypon would like to clear up some confusion about the recent
decommissioning of Atypon Link. Atypon as a hosting provider for
scholarly publications is alive and well. We made a strategic decision
some time ago to move out of the aggregated hosting market and shut
down the Atypon Link site at the end of 2011. We have been working
with Atypon Link publishers over the last two years to help them
migrate to new platforms, many of them (such as Oldenbourg and
Guilford) to our core platform product, Literatum.

We apologize for not communicating the decision to discontinue Atypon
Link directly to the library community. Since the publisher migration
happened over a long period of time, we didn't anticipate that the
final shut down of the site would be disruptive. We were clearly wrong
about that, and offer our sincere apologies.

Per industry best practices, we will redirect requests for content
previously hosted on Atypon Link through 30 June 2012. Please note
that we are aware that OpenURL redirects are currently not functioning
and are working to correct this. We will have redirection in place for
OpenURL requests by the end of next week.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused. If
you have questions about where to find a journal formerly hosted on
Atypon Link, please contact us: http://www.atypon.com/contact-us/.

For a complete list of Atypon clients, visit our web site:
http://www.atypon.com/our-clients/.

Best regards,
Sara Zimmerman
Manager of Client Services