From:
Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 2015 19:23:39 -0400
From: Steve Oberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 16:57:36 +0000

Yes, I teach such a course at the University of Illinois at
Urbana-Champaign, Graduate School of Library and Information Science. It
was first taught two years ago in Fall 2013. The course is E-Resources
Management (LIS590ER). Course description is as follows:

"In-depth exploration of current topics in the rapidly changing world of
e-resources management in libraries and information centers. Discusses
trends, problems, and issues relating to how e-resources are reshaping the
entire spectrum of library service. Example areas of focus include open
access publishing, scholarly communication, proprietary as well as open
source e-resources management systems, licensing and copyright issues,
consortia, usage statistics, balancing e-resources with more traditional
collections and services, and intellectual access challenges in a highly
diffuse information environment. [Updated title and course description
effective Fall 2013.]²

I also teach a serials management course at Dominican GSLIS that includes
some of the same things, and I know of at least two other ERM courses, one
at Wisconsin and the other, I think, at Emporia State, taught by Sarah
Sutton.

Steve

Steve Oberg <http://www.wheaton.edu/Academics/Faculty/O/Steve-Oberg>
Assistant Professor of Library Science