From:
Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 2015 22:51:41 -0400
From: "Jean-Claude Guédon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 07:10:35 -0400

The problem with "open dialogue" is that it cannot happen. Ask
commercial publishers to remove confidentiality clauses, for example,
and see the reactions. And watch some consortia resist the idea of
opening up the results of negotiations in order, so it is alleged, to
keep good relationships "with the vendors". Canada's CRKN has quite a
history in this regard, as my colleague from Toronto should know.

When one side practises the "divide and conquer" strategy, it is hard
to establish a dialogue.

Jean-Claude Guédon
Professeur titulaire
Littérature comparée