From:
Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 2013 19:28:04 -0400
From: Ken Masters <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 11:03:23 +0400

Hi All

Yes, the publisher is accountable (and I have never said they are
distanced, or used any of the words you ascribe to me.)   But that
doesn't mean that the publisher interferes with the peer-review
process.  The publisher can increase the height of the bar, but lower
it?  If you have had experience where a publisher has demanded that an
editor of an academic journal accept an academic paper even though
that editor has felt that the paper has failed the test of
peer-review, and that editor has agreed, then please let us know.  I
would really be interested to know the journals at which that happens.
 THOSE journals could go on a special list.

BTW: The term "employed" is used loosely.  I, for one, am not
"employed" by my publisher.  None of the editors of ISPUB are paid a
dime for our work.  And I'm quite happy with that.  It just emphasises
the fact that I have no vested interest in whether or not a paper is
published in my journal.

Regards

Ken

------
Dr. Ken Masters
Asst. Professor: Medical Informatics
Medical Education Unit
College of Medicine & Health Sciences
Sultan Qaboos University
Sultanate of Oman
E-i-C: The Internet Journal of Medical Education