From:
Date:
Sun, 8 May 2016 13:31:38 -0400
From: kalev leetaru <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 19:57:33 -0400

Fred, it is not that Google Scholar as it presently stands is the
ideal, it is the vision it prototypes of having a single search
interface that transparently penetrates all available sources and
where you can fulltext search all of those holdings and instantly
locate a copy of a given article. Google Scholar is certainly a far
cry from the true ideal, but it is orders of magnitude closer than
where the library systems I've used are today.  By itself it is not
the ideal, but I think it represents a strong vision for where we need
to head in terms of ease of use, intuitiveness, and ability to span
collections.

~K