From:
Date:
Sun, 14 Dec 2014 19:50:07 -0500
From: Sandy Thatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 08:26:53 -0600

It may be worth pointing out that the National Enquiry into Scholarly
Communication (1979) made this same kind of recommendation for
broad-based institutional support of the scholarly publishing system
in its #8 recommendation. Check it out. (The report was published by
the Johns Hopkins University Press. The National Enquiry, supported by
the Mellon and Ford foundations, was housed at Princeton University
Press.)

Sandy Thatcher

--
Sanford G. Thatcher
8201 Edgewater Drive

"If a book is worth reading, it is worth buying."-John Ruskin (1865)

"The reason why so few good books are written is that so few people
who can write know anything."-Walter Bagehot (1853)